Civil communication projects and underground service location in Canberra
Civil communication projects
Commence Communications offer proven experience delivering civil communication services in Canberra.
Here are just two examples of projects we’ve undertaken:
Relocation of infrastructure on Cooyong Street between Genge Street and Scott’s Crossing in the Canberra City Centre
- This project involved supervision of the safe excavation near the existing conduits at Narellan Street and Cooyong Street. The project also involved supervising the installation of over 300 metres of new communication conduit, the removal of old conduits, installation of pits and lids, installation of over 5000 metres of high core count fibre and associated splicing.
- Commence Communications are also providing the implementation of a horizontal bore to replace existing crushed conduits and the build of bespoke manholes. On completion, an ‘as built’ drawing, haul and bore logs, Optical Time Domain Reflectometre (OTDR) test results and splice reports are supplied.
Nine kilometres of new infrastructure to link two data centres
Commence Communication’s role included:
- DBYD requests for the length of the route
- Asset provider consents
- Traffic control plans
- Liaison with all appropriate authorities for approval of designed route, including the ACT Government’s Environment and Planning
- Directorate – Environment, the Commonwealth Government’s Department of Environment and NSW Government agencies
- Supply and installation of two 100mm communications conduits via trenching and directional drilling methods
- Supply and installation of pits all complete with SCEC endorsed lockable lid sets
- Rod and rope of all existing new conduits in preparation for cable hauling
- Reinstate all affected work surfaces to their original condition (e.g. Trench lines, foot paths, roads, grassed areas etc.)
- On completion of works, prepare and supply a full as installed drawing in AutoCAD format.
Underground service location in Canberra
Commence Communications have underground service locators who operate in Canberra on a daily basis.
We provide service locating from residential utility services on private homes to large scale commercial building sites.
We recently located a large section of all services along the proposed Canberra Light Rail project.
We are a Telstra accredited locator in both fibre optic and copper cables and regularly provide underground service locating for builders, plumbers, landscapers, local councils etc.
Contact us to discuss your underground service locating and communications needs.